Wednesday, October 1, 2008

let's get this party started

a funny thing happened on my way to having a quiet non-sports fall and winter. i say that because rooting for the oakland raiders isn't all that enjoyable right now and living in kansas as a non-jayhawks fan is intimidating to say the least. i wasn't going to let that stand in my way of sports happiness, but i can honestly say the very last thing i thought i would be doing today was starting an nba blog.

with that in mind, let me introduce you to the newest oklahoma city thunder fan site. my name is gforce, and i will be leading you through the next few weeks right up to the start of the 2008-2009 season. helping me along the way is mr. carbert3, and i am sure he will be saying hi from time to time even if i have to nudge him. we are very laid back, and i hope this site can be a nice diversion, no matter the reason you are stopping by for a visit.

i have to give thanks to the men responsible for getting me back into writing. lboros introduced me to the world of blogging over at VEB
and erik at FR gave me the opportunity to write once again. i will forever be in their debt, and that is one of the reasons this blog may appear different from most. lboros retired yesterday from blogging, and the all undercase post is a tribute to him. larry, if you ever come accross this page, i hope it makes you smile.

as for the name and everything else about this blog, those answers will come later this week. everyone is welcome here, and who wouldn't want to stop by after seeing this picture!

"Excuse me, do these effectively hide my thunder?"
http://gizmodo.com/389923/touchscreen-blackberry-thunder-coming-exclusively-to-verizon

No comments: